Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dengue Fever

Well it's around us within the community. We have discovered in a community you cook together,  you eat together but you also get sick together.

  There is a few things Sadhana Forest could be doing better to slow the spread but it's a large organization and change is hard for them. 

Last Thursday while in Auroville I started to feel dizzy with a slight temperature.  We came home and i went straight to bed. At first feeling happily drunk.
But 30 odd hours later the fever broke. In that time i was stuck in bed.
I did go for a wee outside un assisted and past out climbing the stairs back tp bed.
I came to lying in the gravel lost.  I tried to recall what and where I could be but my mind was blank.
I called out for help in my pathetically weak voice until rissa turned up.

After adding a few bruises I made it back to bed where i stayed for the next day.

It's now day 3 and compared to others im doing really well.
I made the quiet walk to the main Hutt for some papaya and banana.

Thank fully I didn't need this hearse I spotted outside the hospital. 

I am getting better but very slowly. 
I can now go to the toilet and carry luke for a short distance.  In fact it was a moving experience holding him for the first time since last Thursday and have missed the contact. 

While all this is happening we are trying to get tickets to our next stop an pack, return bicycles etc and everything seems such a hassle.  But we are getting there.

Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment