Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I just like to ride my bike fast.

Many people have tried to describe Auroville,  the experimental city started in the 60s. But nothing I read actually have me a picture or image on my head of what it would be like. 

Even now after 1 short week I cannot getme head aaround it. Super ficialy its like a pleasant Switzerland in the middle of chaotic India.  With western everything on spiritual steroids. 
Under the the hood its a little different.  This place attracts the essentric and spiritual enlightened or the searching of ? type of person. its build on odeals npt conforming structure.  
its a melting pot of ideas,  intellectual property from architecture,  building things with earth, permaculture,  every therapy you could imagine (including voice therapy? ) to idealism of society. some aspects world authority! 

Today I attended a workshop on restorative circles a concept I am familiar with through my father.
What I discovered was a group struggling to practice and understand the journey.  I was disappointed to hear the reality that they do not use these tools within thier city. They were excited to here how advanced New Zealand was using this method.  

So after in depth discussion with Rissa about this and community leadership I decided I just like to ride my bike fast. 
Through the dusty streets tail gating motorbikes with elderly hippies.  
I like the speed and luke on my back yelling  go daddy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment